Monday, July 28, 2014

Marked by the Vampire

22022457



Olivia Maddox has made studying paranormal killers her life's work.  So when she is given the opportunity to interview paranormal prisoners at the maximum security prison, Purgatory, she jumps at the chance. Only Olivia has no way of knowing what exactly she signed up for.

On her way to Purgatory she meets Shane.  A very sexy, alpha vampire.  However, the only problem is that Shane is a prisoner being transferred to the infamous prison Purgatory.  But all is not what it seems and Olivia is slowly learning that fact.

I liked the character of Olivia.  She seemed competent and didn't suffer from insta love.  But what she did suffer from was head-in-sand-distressed-need-a-man-to-rescue-me syndrome.  Which detracted from what would have been a strong leading female character.  She has her own secrets and dark side.  Ok fine, I can deal with that. As a matter of fact, I kinda like that. Her flaws gave her more depth and likability.

Now on to Shane.  Yum!  Shane is an alpha vampire.  When I say alpha I mean ALPHA!!!!!  I can't say much more about him without giving things way.  But I will say Shane is the ultimate BAMF!  If you ever find yourself at a maximum security paranormal prison Shane is the type of guy to have on your side.

I enjoyed reading this book. It was a quick fun read that satisfied my need for a paranormal romance. Marked by the Vampire is the second book in the Purgatory series.  But fear not, it can be read as a stand alone novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment