Friday, February 14, 2014

Layers Peeled (Layers Trilogy, #2)


The second book in the Layers Trilogy picks up immediately where the first book, Layers Deep, leaves off.  The book comes to a great ending.  I don't want to give too much away but there is no cliffhanger ending, like the first book.  The characters do get their HEA.

The first books ends with Tristan firing Allie.  But you find out why immediately.  Put the pitchforks down, it's o.k.  Allie also clues Tristan into her little "surprise".  The book continues with their journey together.  There is little to no angst and all the ghosts of the past are laid to rest. 

Allie deals with some of her issues.  But she seems to do it in a way that is risky.  She makes a few questionable decisions that I felt were leading things in the wrong direction. 

We get a better look at the relationship between the brothers and Kendra's role in both their lives.  I could have lived without Kendra.  I just found her character flat.  She didn't really add any interest to the story, just a focus of tension and a source of jealousy for Allie. 

The next book will be from Kendra's view point and will involve both the brothers.  I am not a fan of Kendra so I am not sure I will read the next installment.  However, Layers Peeled came to a definite ending that should make most readers happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment