Saturday, November 9, 2013

Unscrupulous (The Manhattanites, #2)
Unscrupulous is a stand alone novel in the Manhattanites series.  This is the second book in the series, however, in the Manhattanites series timeline the events happen before the second book.  There is no cliffhanger and the characters get a fitting HEA. 

Taddy Brill is a self-made woman that knows exactly what she wants.  She is unapologetic and driven. Warner Truman is tired of gold-digging women.  Previously married, he has no time for casual affairs with women that want nothing more than his money.

The one thing I enjoy most about Avery Aster's characters is that they driven and strong.  They know that they want and go after it.  They are no wilting flowers, needing a man to save them.  I enjoyed this book.  But I just didn't connect to Taddy the way I did to Lex in the first book.  But that being said, I still enjoyed the book and will continue to read Avery Aster's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment