Saturday, October 19, 2013



Tie Me Down by Tracy Wolff, is a who done it romance novel.  I have to admit, at first I wasn't convinced I would like the book.  The first three sentences were really bad metaphors all describing how hot the city of New Orleans was. Then there was  "She had more curves than a baseball".  So, um...she's round?   At times the bad metaphors took away from the plot.  But I chugged on through.

I was taken in by the lead characters. Genevieve is a female lead detective in a all male squad.  As the great James Brown once said, "Its a man's world."  She struggles with her boss who is a chauvinistic pig.  He often belittles her ideas and gives her no credit.  But she puts on her big girl panties and does her job.  One night at a bar she picks up a stranger for a one night stand.
Cole has been following Genevieve for weeks.  He hopes that she can solve the key to his sister's murder.  He is very demanding and very alpha.  He definitely holds the reins in the bedroom, along with the candle wax, ropes, and ties. 
The mystery of the book was very good.  It kept me guessing who the killer was until the very end.  It had a very distinct noir feel.  Overall I give it three star

No comments:

Post a Comment