Friday, October 4, 2013

Restoring Jordan

My latest literary romp is Restoring Jordan by Elizabeth FinnThis is a full-length, stand alone novel.  It does not end in a cliffhanger. Thank you Ms. Finn!  I'm a little sick of the to be continued..... novels.

Adeline Parker is a young student, who will be starting her internship at a prominent architectural firm.  But all work and no play has made Adeline a very dull girl.  She has immersed herself into college studies and hasn't ever had a serious relationship before.  Which means....wait for it....she's a virgin.  Yes, it is the pure as the newly driven snow meets the womanizing bad boy story.  But,that being said, it still has redeeming qualities.  I'll get to those in a moment. 

On a girls' night out Adeline eyes a lovely hunk of man sitting across the room from her.  She then proceeds to eye fuck him all night long.  Unbeknownst to her, he has been keeping his eye on her also.  Adeline leaves her group of friends to take a trip to the bathroom.  This is where you know it is a piece of fiction.  Women never go to the bathroom alone.  I mean, how can you talk about the people you are with if one of you is still sitting at the table?  Unheard of. 

Jordan doesn't do relationships, one night stands only. He has been eyeing Adeline all night and intercepts her as she is leaving the bathroom.  He then takes her back to his place and proceeds to punch her V Card.  However, he doesn't realize she is virgin until the morning after.

Now things are all well and good until Adeline starts her internship and runs into the aforementioned hot, V-Card punching, one night stand.  I won't go into further detail but the book takes a somewhat predictable path.  There is a HEA and I do not see the opportunity for a serial.

While the story wasn't too original, I have to point out Elizabeth Finn's writing.  The book is written in two POVs.  The tone of each POV is only marginally different.  But Elizabeth Finn can paint a very detailed and beautiful picture.  I found myself enjoying her writing style just as much as the story.  No one sheaths anything, nor is her flower quiveringFinn does a great job of writing the lemony scenes without becoming raunchy.  Now, don't get me wrong!  I love some good raunchy smut as much as the next girl.  But there is something to be said about a well written sex scene.  I recommend this book.  It comes in at around 250 pages and worth the read.  I give it three stars. 



No comments:

Post a Comment