Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blood Guilt (Blood Hunters, #1)

I have to say that I liked this book much more than I thought I would. While the book is part of a series, it comes to a definite end and can be read as a stand-alone novel.

In a world where vampires are known only as a myth, Mihaela is a hunter. She hunts and kills vampires in an attempt to keep society safe. She began training as a little girl, after her parents and baby sister were killed by a vampire. She doesn't like or trust vampires. But with the awakening of an ancient vampire, it is suddenly a new world.

Vampires are now working with hunters and human deaths by vampire have drastically dropped. It is because of this new detente that Mihaela finds herself working with the notorious vampire Maximilian.

Mihaela and Maximilian do not trust each other but can't deny the sexual attraction between them. Mihaela is driven by years of hatred toward vampires and can't seem to completely trust Maximilian, with good reason. Maximilian, aka, Maximilian the Betrayer has betrayed those he loved the most.

I really found myself enjoying the story and liked the lore Marie Treanor established. Her vampires aren't all powerful but believably flawed. Of course there is a big, bad enemy they must defeat. But I see the need for a villain, as it drives the lore and plot line.

I gave it four stars and recommend the book as a pleasant read

No comments:

Post a Comment